Did you know that setting Google as your homepage on Safari is one of the best features you can use while browsing online?
Safari gives you the option to set any webpage as your homepage, including Google which will be automatically displayed when you start a new window or tab.
But that leaves you asking how to make Google your homepage on Safari Mac?
Hi, my name is Andreas. I’m a long time Mac user that prefers a seamless Safari browsing experience (I used Yahoo for a while, so I can definitely tell what seamless isn’t!). Thats why I set my homepage to Google and I highly recommend you do the same.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to make Google your homepage on Safari on Mac.
So let’s start!
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make Google Your Homepage on Safari on Mac
Follow the steps below, and in just a few minutes you’ll learn how to set Google as your default Safari homepage.
Step 1: Launch the Safari app.
Step 2: In the Safari menu tab, choose Preferences.
Step 3: Pop-up window will show up. Select the General tab.
Step 4: In the New windows open with section, select Homepage from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: In the New tabs open with section, select Homepage.
Step 6: In the Homepage section, type in the URL, https://www.google.com
Step 7: Press Enter and confirm by clicking the Change Homepage button.
That’s it. In just a few steps Google will be set as your homepage on Safari.
Why Safari Doesn’t Open My Homepage?
There could be various reasons why Safari isn’t opening your homepage.
- One possibility is that an installed extension interferes with the settings. Try disabling all of your extensions to troubleshoot this, and then see if Safari opens to your homepage. If it does, start enabling extensions one at a time to see which one is causing the issue.
- Second possibility is that you may have changed your homepage settings, and Safari is now opening to a different website.
- Another possibility is that there is a problem with your internet connection, preventing Safari from loading your homepage.
- Additionally, if you are using a proxy server, it’s possible that the proxy server is not working properly and is preventing Safari from opening to your homepage.
- If a page does not open or load, try reloading it. Choose Reload page or press command + R keys as a shortcut. If this doesn’t work, press command + Q to quit Safari, then open Safari again.
The Safari browser on a Mac computer can be set to open automatically and show the Google homepage whenever it is launched. To make this change, simply follow the 7 steps introduced above, and you will have Google set as your default homepage on Safari.