iPhones come with built-in alarms that, while useful, don’t always get the job done. Sometimes they aren’t loud enough, and other times they are too one-dimension. Alarm clock docks fix that issue by giving you a loud device that is capable of doing much, much more than waking you up in the morning.
There are many iPhone alarm clock docks on the market. This guide breaks down three of the best by analyzing their sound as well as any additional features. The following products are a great way to get more from your mobile device.
- The iHome IPL23 is a dual-function device that acts as both a radio and alarm clock depending on what you need. However, it gives you the ability to listen to music as well. That excellent feature is furthered by the Reson8 speakers, which provides a loud, clear sound on all settings. This device also enables you to charge your phone through a basic USB, which means it’s ready each and every morning.
- When it comes to versatility, no iPhone alarm clock dock matches the DPNAO 5-in-1 charger. This station is a swiss army knife, offering unmatched versatility to its users. It charges, plays music, and acts as a loud, clear alarm clock. It is also easy to read, completely customizable, and rotates 90 degrees. The device is iPad compatible as well.
- The iHome iBTW38 alarm clock Bluetooth stereo is the perfect dock for users who want extra upgrades or exciting features. This device quickly and easily charges your phone thanks to the iPhone Qi wireless charging facility. It also comes fully equipped with EXB bass enhancement, a feature that ensures all of the output sounds great. There is a digital voice echo cancellation as well.
Who Should Get This?
iPhone dock alarm clocks are incredibly useful items for any iPhone or avid iOS user. We all need to get up in the morning, and the devices help make that process much easier. Their functionality makes them perfect for anyone, regardless of their age or where they live.
Early risers, or users who have a lot of trouble getting up from the normal iPhone alarm, will particularly appreciate what the docks offer. A conventional alarm clock may not sound like a necessary addition to your routine, but the items start your day early and with a fully-charged device.
The items are also useful for those who regularly turn off their alarm. Being able to plug in your phone away from your bed makes it so you have to get up to silence it.
Best iPhone Dock Alarm Clock: What to Consider in 2020?
It may seem obvious, but you need a dock that comes with multiple alarm options. It is easy to assume that all iPhone dock alarm clocks sound the same, but that is not true. Though they all provide noise, many of them only do so in a certain way. Do your best to track down models that allow you to customize your alarm or set different ones for different days. Radio, music, and buzzing options are a great bonus as well.
Any iPhone dock, regardless of where you keep it, is a visible accessory. As such, it always helps when they look great. There are many different exteriors available, ranging from bulky and fierce to sleek and modern. The one you go with should match your personal preferences and decoration style. It also helps to pay attention to color. Though some models provide limited options, a few brands come in a range of different colors.
Every good iPhone dock alarm clock wakes you up in the morning. Even so, you want a model that goes far beyond that basic feature. We live in a technological age, and with that comes with certain expectations. Always try to find a dock alarm clock that has great charging applications, crisp sound, multiple ports, and the ability to perform a wide range of tasks. A dock that only operates as an alarm clock will get the job done, but a multi-functional device will make your life much more enjoyable.
Best iPhone Dock Alarm Clock: Our Picks for 2020
The iHome IPL23 is great alarm clock dock for users who want functionality. This model not only acts as a reliable alarm clock, but the Reson8 speakers provide a full, powerful sound on every volume level. You can listen to your favorite music on this device, and it charges your phone through the night.
What We Like:
- Charging abilities
- Reson8 speakers
- Great sound quality and full audio
- Sleek exterior provides a modern appearance
What We Don’t Like:
- Not as intuitive as other designs
- Can be hard to set-up
All users will appreciate the versatility of the DPNAO 5-in-1 charger. The machine does a little bit of everything. It charges your phone, wakes you up in the morning, and even plays your favorite songs. As an added bonus, the dual high-fidelity speakers sound incredible and the bright display is easy to read. The radio feature works well, and the USB port/3.5 mm Aux-in jack provides a ton of options.
What We Like:
- Bright, easy-to-read display
- 5w+ 5w dual high-fidelity speakers
- iPad and iPhone compatible
- USB port and 3.5 mm Aux-in jack
- Wake up with music, radio, or alarm
- Bluetooth allows for wireless streaming
- Base can rotate 90 degrees
What We Don’t Like:
- Does not work with an iPhone case
3. iHome iBTW38
Few home docks can match what the iHome iBTW38 offers. The device not only comes with wireless streaming and wireless charging options, but it has full sound output as a result of the EXB bass enhancement. The digital voice echo cancellation and answer/end control also work like a dream.
What We Like:
- Excellent charging features
- Versatile speakerphone
- Digital voice echo cancellation with mic and answer controls
- Bluetooth functionality allows for music streaming
What We Don’t Like:
- Not as attractive as other docks
Useful Tips and Tricks
iPhone alarm docks are great ways to enhance your phone experience. However, if you want some other ways to further your alarm, this guide has a few great tips to expand your iPhone’s inherent functionality.
If you want to make your actual alarm either louder or quieter separate of the dock, check out the steps presented here.
A good iPhone dock alarm clock is a handy tool to own. The devices just don’t give you a way to wake up, they also give you a way to charge your phone, listen to the radio, and bump your favorite tunes.
All of the models in this article look great and give you something more than a way to get up in the morning. You can’t go wrong with the brands. Simply pick the one that has your preferred features.
Jessica is the co-founder and content manager. She has been fascinated by the startup culture in Silicon Valley and she loves building things from zero to one. When she is not writing, she loves getting close to nature and shoot photos with her iPhone and Canon EOS 80D.