The Apple pencil is a marvel of engineering. It’s sleek, easy to use, and perfect for the iPad Pro. It also seems to go missing as soon as you blink.
Whether it’s because you’re someone who has a hard time keeping track of small items, or simply because the stylus frequently rolls off a table whenever you turn your back no matter what you do, there’s an easy solution — a case with a pencil holder.
This way, your Apple Pencil will never be separated from your 12.9″ iPad Pro. There are lots of styles and options, so let’s take a look at what some of the best choices are below.
- Quick Summary
- Who Should Get This?
- Best iPad Pro Case with Pencil Holder: What to Consider in 2022?
- Best iPad Pro Case with Pencil Holder: Top Picks for 2022
- Useful Tips and Resources
All cases here include the Apple Pencil holder, so we broke it down into what they do best besides preventing you from losing your stylus.
- Best Case for Protection: SupCase UB Pro Series Case for iPad Pro 12.9 — The SupCase is bulky, but it will thoroughly protect your iPad with thick corners and raised edges around the screen.
- Best Keyboard Case: iPad Pro 12.9 Keyboard Case — If you need to type on your iPad regularly, a keyboard case is a gamechanger and will make your life so much easier.
- Best Basic Case: ZtotopCase for iPad Pro 12.9 Inch — For a simple solution to a simple problem, this case has you covered with a basic trifold magnetic cover and plastic case.
- Best Leather Case: Ztop Premium Leather Business Folio Cover — Need to look professional and keep track of your professional items like business cards and memos? This portfolio style case doesn’t just protect your iPad, it has pockets so you can keep everything in one place.
Who Should Get This?
If you have a 12.9-inch iPad Pro, then you should definitely have a case for it. Apple’s screens are notoriously delicate, and especially with the larger model, it’s easy to lose your grip or accidentally bump it against something. It’s even more important for this case to hold the Apple Pencil if you have one.
These pencils are expensive to replace, and yet seem to go missing whenever you need them most. It’s frustrating, and the best way to avoid the whole situation is to simply get a case that keeps the pencil with your device at all times.
Best iPad Pro Case with Pencil Holder: What to Consider in 2022?
If you’re looking to protect your iPad and Apple Pencil from big drops, you’re going to have very different requirements than someone who just needs to prevent the occasional scratch. From hardshell to leather to fabric or plastic cases, there’s a lot of options available. You should think about how strong you need the case to be before purchasing.
Should your case be able to convert into a stand? Does it need extra padding around the corners because your child drops the device frequently? You should examine the daily use of your iPad to determine what kind of case you need, whether its a portfolio style, bulky Otterbox, has a keyboard, or anything in between.
Apple Pencil Security
Sure, a loop will attach your Apple Pencil to the case. But will that slippery pencil stay there? It might if you mostly store your iPad on tabletops, while transporting it around campus in a backpack may pose an issue. Make sure the case you pick is as secure as you need it to be.
Best iPad Pro Case with Pencil Holder: Top Picks for 2022
If you need a rugged solution for protecting an iPad that is prone to drops and bumps, this case is a great choice. The solidly protected corners and sturdy back will take most of the brunt, while raised edges around the screen prevent direct hits. The apple pencil snaps magnetically into a convenient slot along the side.
- Most protective case with pencil holder.
- Has a pop up stand on the back of the case.
- Very bulky, which some people might find annoying.
- Pop up stand is not adjustable.
Sick of typing on screen because it’s not like regular keys, or because it blocks what you’re trying to look at? This case not only has the Apple Pencil slot you need, but also includes a built in keyboard to make typing a breeze. If you use your iPad frequently for work or business, this could be a game changer in terms of productivity.
- Trifold case turns into a stand when needed with some adjustability.
- Keyboard is included and can be removed from case.
- Keyboard is small to fit in the case and is not backlit.
Looking for a standard case without too many extra bells and whistles? This model gets the specs down perfectly. It doesn’t add much bulk, but still completely covers the iPad with the standard case and tri-fold screen cover, which converts into a stand. The plain design is great for minimalists, and your Apple Pencil will snap easily into the side.
- Thin, plain design gets the job done without extra bulk.
- Magnetic wake/sleep cover.
- Not as protective as some alternatives.
If you’re a fan of leather cases, the portfolio style, and even want some storage space, this case is a great choice! It can convert into a stand, hold your business cards, and hold your Apple Pencil without breaking a sweat. It won’t be as protective as sturdier plastic alternatives, but it will look sleek in the boardroom and fair well in your backpack or briefcase.
- Leather materials instead of plastic.
- Interior and exterior pocket.
- Can convert into a triangle stand.
- Not as secure for your Apple Pencil or iPad as alternatives.
Useful Tips and Resources
The Apple Pencil is an incredible tool, but are you getting the most out of it? For instance, if its not responding as well lately, you can actually get the tip replaced instead of the whole pen. Or, you can make use of pressure sensitivity in your favorite drawing or notes apps! Check out some of the cool things you didn’t know you could do with Apple Pencil in this article from iMore.
Your iPad Pro is also full of features you may or may be familiar with. Even experienced Apple users may get a new iOS update and miss some of the more hidden or low key features that are included. This article from Digital Trends does a great job of summing some of them up!
When the 12.9″ iPad Pro first came out, it was basically a really big iPhone. But those days are gone – now with tools like the Apple Pencil and new versions of iPadOS, it really is its own type of productivity machine.
It’s important to protect those delicate parts, so make sure to check if any of the cases we’ve suggested are a good fit for you. Let us know how the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil fit into your workflow by leaving a comment below.