Classy or classic? With leather, there’s both!
The material has been used for centuries for thousands of different purposes, and iPad Pro cases are the latest in a long line of creations.
Theses cases last ages, look stylish and are easy to grip without the bulk of larger rubber cases or the weight of competing plastic cases.
Whether you need a folio for business or a trifold case for propping up your iPad to watch movies at home, there’s a range of options available.
We’ll help you sort through those options to find out what works best for you, and showcase some of our favorites along the way.
- If you’re always on the go but eager to use your iPad without hindrance, the BELFORD Slim Tan Leather Sleeve will protect you while you’re out and about without covering up your screen when you want to use it. Fits smoothly into bags and is easy to carry.
- For a multipurpose model, iVAPO Vintage Leather Folio Tri-fold Stand Cover is among the best. The trifold design allows you to prop the iPad up vertically or horizontally when you want to type, watch videos, or in other situations, and it includes a secure Apple Pencil slot.
- Use your iPad regularly and want to keep it with important papers and documents? This personalized case from D&M Leather Studio includes pockets or card slots, as well as a protective place to hold the Apple Pencil and is made of authentic leather.
Do I Need an iPad Pro Case?
That’s a good question. To be blunt, if you have an iPad Pro, it goes without saying that you should also get a case.
While it may be tempting to flaunt the sleek design and beautiful screen, it also comes at a risk, since it’s very easy to get cracks and dents completely on accident.
It may not even be your fault — someone could accidentally knock it off your desk or your water bottle could spill in your backpack or any other number of unpredictable events.
If you like leather, then it simply makes sense to get a case that matches your tastes. Since they come in such a wide variety of styles, there’s definitely something for everyone.
And if you’re not a leather fan, then there might be a plastic or other case that works better for you — but you definitely shouldn’t let your iPad stay bare.
Leather iPad Case: What to Consider in 2020?
With plenty of faux and realistic leather cases floating around, you’ll want to make sure you pick the type that works best for you. A faux case will require less care, likely last longer, and be cheaper. But nothing beats the feel of a real leather case, its inherent style, and its durability. On the other hand, the genuine leather will definitely come at a higher cost.
Just like plastic hard cases or other soft-shells, leather cases are available in a variety of styles that offer more or less protection, usually determined by the amount of iPad that they cover and the thickness of the material. The most protective cases may be a hybrid of leather and plastic, but if you want only leather, look for something that covers the entire back and comes up over the edges of the iPad to prevent the screen from directly touching the ground.
From sleeves to folios to magnetic covers and trifold stands, leather cases have plenty of style options for you to choose from. If you only want your case for carrying your iPad while in transit, for example, then you can look for a sleeve-like design that functions essentially as a protective pocket. If you’d rather have your iPad propped up in front of you while you give a presentation, then a folding model that converts into a stand could be the best bet. Whatever your intentions, there’s a case that will meet your needs.
Beat iPad Pro Leather Case in 2020: Our Picks
Just need something for when you’re on the go and worried about other items in your bag damaging the screen or bumping into other people on the bus? A sleeve will protect you when your iPad isn’t in use, and leave it completely untouched when you need to use it. This sleeve combines leather and felt to keep your device in mint condition while still looking stylish.
- Great option for commuters or for traveling.
- Doesn’t hinder your use of the iPad.
- Made of real leather and includes a place to hold the Apple Pencil.
- Available for both 10.5 and 12.9-inch iPad Pros.
- Doesn’t protect your iPad Pro while you are using it.
If you’d prefer the case to stay on your iPad at all times, the iVAPO model is a great choice. It holds your iPad securely while flipping open to allow you to use the screen. You can also fold the cover back to form a vertical or horizontal stand. The magnetic closure automatically wakes or sleeps the iPad.
- Securely holds the iPad and includes a snap-in holder for the Apple Pencil as well.
- Cover saves battery by making sure your screen is only awake when you need it.
- The tri-fold design is useful for viewing, typing, and other scenarios where you don’t want your iPad flat on your desk.
- Magnets are not especially strong, so the cover wouldn’t stay closed if the iPad is held upside down or excessively jerked around.
Looking to replace an existing portfolio with something more electronic-friendly, or simply want to be able to do more with your iPad case? This folio style case is not only handmade, but it also comes with three inside pockets as well as a slot for your pen or Apple Pencil. Don’t like pockets? Get the card slot version instead. Made from authentic leather.
- Extra pockets let you store documents, cards, Apple Pencil, charger cords, or anything you need throughout the day all in one place.
- Protects your iPad when closed but allows full access once open. The design is handmade.
- May take longer to obtain than other products due to the time it takes to create it in addition to shipping.
Tips And Tricks
Keep in mind that if you’re using an authentic leather case, the material will likely not remain the color that it is when it arrives fresh and unused. After interaction with your hand oils, movement, and day to day wear, it will gradually change color, usually darkening, and become its true color.
While leather tends to age well, you should make sure to keep it away from large amounts of water or harsh cleaning products that might cause it to flake or disintegrate. If you must clean it, you can use a damp cloth to wipe away grime or use a leather conditioner or cleaner to help keep it in top shape.
If you’re more concerned about keeping the iPad Pro itself clean, then you can follow Apple’s guidelines for cleaning and caring for their products..
Regardless of how often you use your iPad Pro, or what for, or where it’s been with you, you can be sure that any leather case you get for it will be able to go the distance as well. They’re long-lasting, fashionable, protective, and only get better the longer you have them.
What’s not to love? There are so many great things about leather cases – and we’d love to hear what your favorite is, so leave a comment below with what’s you’ve found to be best about your leather case.
Andreas is an Apple and Microsoft fanboy who works with his Mac and lives with a PC at home. While he is not reading technology journals, you’ll probably find him playing online games with friends or hiking in the wild.