So you just tapped the delete option on your Samsung Galaxy phone and sent some pictures or videos to the Recycle Bin? Now you tried to look up the Recycle Bin to restore the items, but where is the Recycle Bin on a Samsung Galaxy phone?
In this article, I’ll show you how to recover your deleted videos and photos from Samsung Galaxy Recycle Bin, and even if you’ve emptied Recycle Bin, it’s still possible to get back your deleted items.
Read on for more.
Where is the Recycle Bin on a Samsung Galaxy?
Just like a computer, Samsung Galaxy has a Recycle Bin to recycle deleted items. More precisely, the current Android OS (your phone is running under) provides this feature.
Here’s how to find it:
- Tap on the Gallery app.
- On the top right corner, tap on the three-dot Settings icon.
- From the dropdown menu, tap Recycle Bin.
- Now you’ll see all your recently deleted photos and videos here.
Note: when I say “recently”, it means the Recycle Bin in Samsung Galaxy only keeps files here for up to 15 days. From day 16, items here will be erased automatically. This video has more:
How to Recover Deleted Videos/Photos from Samsung Galaxy?
Now that you know where is the Recycle Bin on your Galaxy phone or tablet, it’s easy to restore your videos or other files that are there. Just select these items and top on recover.
However, if you also emptied Recycle Bin or the files have been automatically deleted because it’s been there for more than 15 days, try the following methods to recover them.
What You’ll Need:
- Your Samsung Galaxy phone/tablet
- A computer
- Backup files (optional)
- Android data recovery software (optional)
- Access to the Internet
First Things First: Stop writing new data to your phone — DO NOT take more photos or videos. If your pictures were stored in a mass memory card, remove the card out of your phone and put it in a safe place.
Method 1: Restore from Backups
When to use: you’ve backed up the media files using Samsung Cloud or Samsung Smart Switch.
Samsung Cloud allows you to back up and restore your device content, so you don’t panic if you accidentally delete a file on your phone/tablet. You can even restore files and sync data on other devices when you are logged into your Samsung account.
Samsung Smart Switch is an app that makes it easy to sync data between your device and your computer. If you’ve used the app to back up your media files (pictures, videos, songs, etc.), it’s very easy to restore them. This video has more:
Method 2: Android Data Recovery Software
When to use: your pictures and videos were saved on your Galaxy internal memory (instead of a memory card).
We recommend EaseUS MobiSaver for Android as it is one of the best Android data recovery software to use for this situation. Besides photos and videos, the program is also able to recover SMS messages, Contacts, and other types of data from Galaxy Android.
It even allows you to preview the found media items, making it a lot easier to find the files you actually want to retrieve.
Here’s a quick tutorial:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy device to a computer.
- Get EaseUS MobiSaver and install it on your computer.
- Follow the instruction until it scans your Samsung phone or tablet. Make sure to read the instruction texts carefully.
- Preview and recover the media files it finds.
Method 3: Photo Recovery Tools
When to use: the lost media files were stored on an SD card attached to your Samsung Galaxy.
You can use it to quickly restore lost images, videos, and audio files from almost any storage media including Samsung phones and tablets.
Here’s a quick step-by-step tutorial:
- Load the microSD card to a card reader/adapter first, then plug it into your computer.
- Get Stellar Photo Recovery and follow the instructions as shown on the app’s interface and install the program on your computer.
- Now click the big blue button located in the center to start, select the drive your Samsung SD card stands for, define file types you wish to retrieve.
- A scan will be conducted to search for your deleted photos.
- Once the scan is complete, see if your files are there and save them.
Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets are great for capturing high-quality photos and videos.
But due to accidental deletion and other human errors, these precious files can disappear.
When that happens, it can be really frustrating. Fortunately, it’s still possible to retrieve the items as long as you act quickly and take the right steps.
I hope you find this guide helpful and you managed to restore the deleted items.
Remember to use Samsung Smart Switch or Samsung Cloud to make backups of all your media items from now on, as we know, recovery can be hard but backup is always easy.