It might not be as simple as you think to find the best mouse for double-clicking. Even though many mice are made to work for extended working or gaming periods, double-clicking requires a certain level of sensitivity and responsiveness that not all mice can provide.
Hi there, my name is Yana, and my work requires using a computer and mouse actively for at least 8 hours per day. For the past few years, I’ve been creating and editing content almost every day, spending countless hours double-clicking with my mouse.
In this buying guide, you’ll learn what makes a mouse perfect for double-clicking along with some of my favorite models.
- Key Takeaways
- What Makes the Best Mouse for Double-clicking
- The Top 5 Best Mice for Double-Clicking
- Final Thoughts
- When choosing the perfect mouse for double-clicking, you need to consider the DPI (dots per inch) number to have a quick response.
- The way the mouse is connected to the computer is also important. Decide which group you are in the wireless mice or the classic wired models.
- Logitech G604 LIGHTSPEED is the best overall choice for most people, and gamers will love the Razer DeathAdder V2.
What is a Double-click Mouse for Gaming?
When you double-click, you quickly press and release the mouse button twice, with a set amount of time passing between each click. Double-clicking can be useful in gaming, particularly in games that require fast reflexes or quick actions.
Does DeathAdder Double-click?
Yes. To perform a double click on Razer DeathAdder simply press the left button twice.
Is Double-clicking Necessary?
Not always! It mostly depends on the software or app you are working with. However, a lot of computer programs and games are created with double-clicking in mind and might demand double-clicking for some tasks or actions.
What Makes the Best Mouse for Double-clicking
There are a few things to think about when selecting a new mouse for double-clicking.
- Mouse responsiveness. Some mice may have a delay in registering the second click, while others may register it too quickly or too slowly. Make sure to check the DPI (dots per inch) of the mouse. The higher the number, the faster the mouse will respond.
- Design. For example, mice with stiffer buttons may require more effort to double-click, while mice with more sensitive buttons may accidentally register additional clicks.
- Weight and Size. Choose the right mouse for the size of your hands and consider the weight since some people prefer the more heavy mouse.
- Mouse Customization. Many mice allow you to customize the speed of response. Gaming mouses even have the onboard memory that saves the settings of your mouse, when connected to a different device. It can be handy when you need the mouse to match your double-clicking preferences.
- Connection Type. Both wired and wireless mice can be great for double-clicking, but wireless mice rely on signals that can be interfered with, while wired mice provide more reliable performance.
The Top 5 Best Mice for Double-Clicking
Here is my list of the best mice for double-clicking. You will find models for gaming, budget options, and some great models overall.
1. Logitech G604 LIGHTSPEED (Best Overall)
- Sensor: HERO 25KI with 25,600 max DPI
- Weight: 135 g
- Connection technology: Bluetooth and LIGHTSPEED wireless technology
- Battery life: Up to 240 hours with one AA battery
- Number of buttons: 15 programmable buttons
Logitech G604 LIGHTSPEED is highly marketed as a gaming mouse, but it is also the best for any activity that demands accuracy, such as photo editing, design, etc. Gamers and other users can benefit from the incredibly precise performance thanks to the adjustable DPI, and 25K high accuracy sensors.
15 programable controls are fast and responsive. In addition, this mouse has internal mouse memory that allows you to customize and save different settings to have a personalized experience.
For quick navigation and fluid performance, the mouse also has a fast scroll wheel that can be switched between precision scrolling and rapid scrolling. There is also wireless dual-mode that lets you connect via Bluetooth or a nano receiver to your computer.
Even though I love Logitech products, it is slightly more expensive than other models on the market. I also would recommend touching and trying this mouse out first to ensure that the design is comfortable for you because the shape of it might feel odd.
My Verdict: This model would be great for gamers or any other users that need a high-precision, and high-performance mouse for work.
2. Glorious Gaming Mouse Model O Minus (Best for Small Hands)
- Sensor: PIXART® 3360 sensors with 12k max DPI
- Weight: 58-59 g depending on the model
- Connection technology: USB
- Number of buttons: 6
What sets Glorious Gaming Mouse O Minus apart from the rest of the double-clicking mice on the market is its lightweight. The Glorious can achieve it thanks to the honeycomb mouse design, which makes it ultra-lightweight and a perfect choice for long-time sessions.
The optically high-precision sensor gives your movements the best accuracy. With no acceleration and no spinouts, it will affect your work or game performance. This model also has premium G-Skates made of 100% pure virgin PTFE, with rounded edges that provide a smooth, no-snag mouse experience.
It has 6 no-wiggle buttons and if the mouse’s visual style is also important to you, you might like that there are matte or glossy options.
Unfortunately, this model is not wireless and there is no Bluetooth connection. Also, the honeycomb design might be an issue for those who just don’t like it.
My Verdict: Glorious Gaming Mouse Model O Minus is the best option for users with small and regular size hands that appreciate a lightweight mouse for long-time sessions.
3. Razer DeathAdder V2 (Best for Gaming)
- Sensor: 20K DPI optical sensor
- Weight: 83 g
- Connection technology: USB
- Number of buttons: 8 programmable buttons
Razer DeathAdder V2 is a gaming mouse that has a Focus+ 20K optical sensor that automatically calibrates between different surfaces to provide a fast and accurate response.
What makes this mouse very special is the Chroma RGB lighting that supports 16.8 million colors, which adds a personalized touch to the device and can be synced with other Razer Chroma-enabled devices.
The ergonomic design with textured grips and rubberized side panels provides a great and secure grip for extended gaming sessions. The mouse is quite light, weighing only 83 grams, so it is perfect if you prefer light mice over heavy ones.
8 programmable buttons can be customized using the Razer Synapse software to suit your gaming needs. The only concern I have about this model is that the side rubber grips might pop off after a while.
My Verdict: This gaming mouse is the best choice for gamers who require precision, customization, and ergonomic design for the best performance.
4. LeadsaiL Wireless Mouse (Best Budget)
- Sensor: Adjustable DPI that ranges from 800 to 1600
- Weight: 45 g
- Connection technology: Wireless, USB
- Battery life: Around 2 months with one AA battery
- Number of buttons: 4
If you are looking for a budget option, no other mise can beat LeadsaiL Wireless Mouse in price. Though it’s so cheap, this small mouse has all the features you might be looking for.
It features precise and adjustable DPI levels, and the silent and soft clicks are a great feature if you work in a relatively quiet environment. This way, you won’t disturb others when clicking the mouse.
Its portable design makes this mouse super convenient to carry and use whenever you need it. It is also easy to use on multiple devices because there is no need for additional drivers or software. Just plug in the nano transceiver in the USB port of your computer and it is ready to go.
On the downside, this mouse needs a AA battery to function properly, so it’s not a sustainable option if you favor rechargeable batteries.
My Verdict: LeadsaiL Wireless Mouse is perfect for people who need a portable mouse that can work wirelessly with multiple devices.
5. Logitech G203 Wired Gaming Mouse (Best Wired)
- Sensor: 8000 DPI gaming-grade sensor
- Weight: 85 g
- Connection technology: USB
- Number of buttons: 6 programmable buttons
Logitech G203 is a classic-styled wired mouse with a lightweight design (85 grams only) optimized for fast and accurate movements.
It features an 8000 DPI sensor and a 6-button design and has a metal spring button tension system that enhances button response and reduces the force needed to click the buttons. It also features crisp clicks, to give instant feedback and deliver more fun for gamers.
I especially like that this model is available in 4 pretty colors with customizable RGB lighting across the mouse. This lighting feature can be synchronized with other Logitech G LIGHTSYNC-enabled gaming gear.
Despite this being an affordable and overall good option, the 8000 DPI might be not enough for some gamers and is quite low compared to some other options featured on this list.
My Verdict: The Logitech G203 mouse is a good option for gamers who are looking for an affordable yet reliable and customizable wired gaming mouse.
Having a great-performing mouse can improve your productivity and save you time, especially when working with large numbers of files or applications. Double-clicking can also be useful in games that require the use of double-clicking as a way to execute actions quickly or perform complex actions.
I’ve shown you the top mice for double-clicking. Hopefully, you’ve found the one that fits your needs. There are some other brands you can consider if you are not a fan of the options listed above, for example, Redragon, MSI, and Roccat.
So, which double-clicking mouse are you using or find most interesting? Are there any other models that deserve to be featured in this guide? Share your thoughts and feedback by leaving a comment below.