The iPhone X and iPhone Xs have a camera to beat all others, between the dual lenses, advanced capturing modes, and other fancy features.
It’s definitely not something you want to put to waste, especially with the rise of stunning mobile photography.
There’s more that your camera can do than selfies and Snapchats, and a tripod will help you take advantage of that by stabilizing your shots and giving you more flexibility in terms of what you can capture.
So what’s the best iPhone tripod out there for you? See our top picks below and how we choose them.
- For Versatility: UBeesize Universal Phone Tripod is ready to take on the world with its bendable legs that can wrap around posts and ledges or stand on their own. While it doesn’t have much height on its own, the tripod makes it much easier to secure a great vantage point.
- For Range: Eocean 54 Inch Adjustable iPhone Tripod is among the tallest you’ll find, telescoping to around 4.5 feet and supporting both portrait and landscape orientations for your phone. It has 315 degrees of rotation for making precision adjustments.
- Best of Both: Yoozon Upgraded Tripod Stand & Selfie Stick combines both versatility and range in its design, converting between a selfie stick and a tripod whenever you like and capable of extending to around 2 feet tall. It’s a great middle ground and has much to offer.
Do You Need An iPhone Tripod?
If you’re a budding (or established) iPhone photographer, you should definitely have a tripod in your arsenal of tools. There’s a lot you can do with just your hands a shutter button, but a tripod allows you to significantly expand your capabilities.
If you plan on taking a time-lapse or long exposure, an iPhone tripod allows you to go hands-free while you wait and make sure your shot stays in one place without wiggling.
If you’re taking portraits or using the self-timer, having an iPhone tripod means you don’t have to worry about whether or not your hands are shaking too much or if the camera will move when you press the button.
For both stills and videos, a tripod is a great tool to have on hand and is highly recommended to anyone interested in iPhone photography.
Best iPhone Tripod: What to Consider in 2022?
Getting a tripod is all about ensuring that your iPhone is stable while you take your most important shots, so you should make sure that the one you’re interested in has a secure method for holding your phone and that the legs can lock and remain solid where you set them.
For models with bendable legs, you’ll want to make sure they have enough leg strength to stay in place without slowly drooping.
Your phone is the epitome of transportable technology. You can hold the whole world in its digital form in the palm of your hand, shove it in your pocket, and pull it out whenever you want. The tripod you pick should be equally versatile, especially if you plan to take shots frequently.
While it may not fit in your pocket, many tripods collapse, fold, or otherwise condense into more manageable sizes or are made of especially light materials to help ease the burden.
Size & Style
They say you’re only limited by your imagination, but this isn’t always true. What happens when you can see the perfect shot, but your tripod just isn’t tall enough to be able to take the shot? Or what if you’re out and about and can’t find anywhere flat to lay the three legs down on?
Depending on where you think you’ll be shooting most, your needs will change dramatically. From bendable legs that allow you to latch onto other objects but don’t give much height on their own to lengthy telescoping models that will end up as tall as you are, there’s a range of options available for you to consider.
Best Tripod for iPhone in 2022: Our Picks
Bendable but stable, the UBeesize offers a new take on the traditional tripod. Instead of just telescoping legs, you can bend these to position them at various heights or to attach the device to a post or other vantage point.
- The flexible legs allow you to position the tripod in places you wouldn’t have been able to reach before, while still allowing you to change the height with ease.
- It can be used with an iPhone X/Xs/XR/Xs Max or with a digital camera or a GoPro/similar action camera.
- Doesn’t get a whole lot of height on its own, so it isn’t ideal for large open spaces.
The selfie stick debate tends to draw sharp lines between people, but if you think they’re great, then you can get two in one with the Yoozon tripod. It can convert between a selfie stick and tripod and extends to around 2 feet tall.
- The convertible design allows you to use it as a selfie stick as well, and the button converts into a remote as well for use in tripod mode.
- Achieves a fair height at around 8 – 26 inches when you extend it, making it ideal for tabletop scenarios.
- You cannot use this selfie stick with your phone in portrait mode.
The most traditional of all the tripod, the Eocean extends to a full 54 inches (4.5 feet), so you can stand it anywhere you like and get the shots you want. It can hold your phone in portrait and horizontal mode and comes with a remote so that you don’t have to shake the stand by touching your phone.
- It has an extremely tall range, so you can get shots at all levels.
- The clip allows you to use both portrait and horizontal mode, or switch out your iPhone for a DSLR.
- It can also convert into a selfie stick. Includes a remote.
- The legs are not very flexible, so you’ll won’t be wrapping this one around any high balconies like other models.
Other Tips & Tricks
A tripod can be a great starting place if you’re looking to expand your photographic horizons, but if you want to experiment even more you might consider trying a lens for your iPhone X.
A lens will enhance the camera that comes with your phone, either by increasing its clarity, range distances view-able, or versatility by adding effects such as fish-eye or a wide view. These tend to snap on and off so you can use them whenever you want and can be great to get an interesting take on an otherwise simple shot.
Do you know that you can also make your own iPhone tripod? Yes, Do It Yourself! The best part? It’s free of cost. Just take advantage of your everyday items like these as shown in this video, and you can make simple tripods to keep your iPhone photos and videos stable.
There are other ways you can take your photos up a notch as well. Experimenting with third-party apps that affect the way your camera functions or that you can use to creatively edit photos afterward is a great way to do so.
You can also pick up some basic photography knowledge by reading an article for beginners such as this one from iPhone Photography School that will run you through the first steps.
With your iPhone X/Xs securely fastened into a portable stand, you can take on a whole new world of mobile photography. From time lapses mounted in a high corner with the flexible legs of a small tripod or landscapes held steady with a tall, multipurpose traditional model, there’s plenty to explore.
Taken your iPhone tripod anywhere especially interesting? Feel free to drop a comment and tell us about it below!