Women like myself can be very particular. From making sure a shoe is both comfortable and stylish to finding the only necklace that fits just right, mixing appearance with practicality is an art. Therefore, it makes sense that your smartwatch should reflect the same principles.
Unfortunately, a lot of manufacturers seem to miss the mark, creating oversized, clunky devices or unattractive bands. This guide will help you dig through that mess by highlighting some of the best Android smartwatches and explaining why they rise above so many similar models.
- Fossil Women’s Gen 4 Venture: This model is one of the classiest WearOS watches on the current market. Not only that, but it offers key features like health tracking and comes with the unique ability to install apps.
- Garmin Vívomove Hybrid Smartwatch: This combines the best of both analog and digital with a watch face that features a traditional two-hand display as well as an integrated digital setup that disappears completely when you aren’t using it.
- YAMAY Smart Watch for Android and iOS: The YAMAY Smart Watch is a classic fitness smartwatch with excellent battery life. It also has many women-friendly features, including feminine tracking apps, and comes in at an affordable price point.
Who Should Get This?
Smartwatches are a great addition to any outfit. That is because they can function both as a style piece and as a practical tool. If you’re invested in fitness, your watch will allow you to better track your training. If you’re more into technology, it will allow you to access messages, maps, and apps.
In that way, just about any female user can benefit from the watches listed in this guide. They aren’t just high-end accessories for one niche. They are versatile tools for people of all lifestyles.
Best Android Smartwatch for Women: What to Consider
When picking out an electronic device, you should always focus on functionality. After all, if it doesn’t do what you need, why bother? For watches, you should ensure it has features that match your lifestyle such as a heartbeat monitor for athletic individuals or support for necessary apps that an office worker may require. You can rarely compromise on features and still be happy at the end of the day.
Watch Size & Comfort
One of the biggest issues with smartwatches that are currently on the market is their size. Many women have a naturally smaller bone structure and can find large watches uncomfortable. Additionally, you should make sure the band the watch comes with can expand or shrink to fit your wrist.
Last but certainly not least, is your watch’s design. That may mean anything from a stock band that can be exchanged easily to match your attire, to a square or round watch face. Know what you want ahead of time and always try to pick a model that looks good to you.
Best Android Smartwatch for Women: Our Picks for 2022
Fossil is a brand that prides itself on merging style with practicality. You can tell the Gen 4 Venture is made with care, and there are many tasteful styles to choose from. It’s powered by WearOS, so it supports installing additional apps as well as voice commands, and it works with Android and iOS. The screen is 40mm, and the band is 18mm wide.
- Beautiful watch available in a variety of styles and colors
- Activity, sleep, and heartbeat tracking
- Support for 3rd party apps through WearOS
- Google pay integration so you can do contactless transactions
- 24 hours of battery life plus 2 days in low power mode
- Doesn’t have a speaker
- Apple users cannot respond to texts from the watch, though Android users can
Unlike a regular smartwatch that features a completely digital screen, this model from Garmin is a hybrid. It features an analog watch design, but still has all of the digital features you need for today’s world. It’s classy and elegant. The perfect blend of past and present. The Vivomore Hybrid is inconspicuously digital, meshing neatly into your lifestyle.
- Completely sleek and well-designed. Available in four styles
- Week-long battery life so you rarely need to worry about charging it
- Touchscreen turns nearly invisible when not in use
- Fitness tracking can be worn while swimming or sweating
- Hybrid display means that there’s less screen space for information, so you’ll probably examine most of the data it collects on your phone
Featuring a rectangular face, the YAMAY smartwatch brings a different style to the table. It’s efficient, with a 7 to 10 day battery life, and incredibly practical thanks to the activity tracking and IP68 waterproof rating. It comes in four different colors and works with both Android and Apple smartphones.
- Built-in feminine tracking apps
- Substantial 7-10 day battery life makes worrying about charging a thing of the past
- Offers 14 different exercise modes
- GPS tracking
- Able to be worn while showering or swimming
- Only supports Spotify on the iPhone, not Android
- You cannot respond to text messages directly from the watch
Useful Tips & Tricks
Getting to know your smartwatch won’t be too difficult, and once you’ve settled into a routine it will simply be a part of your daily life. However, if you’re looking for inspiration as to how to make it work with your outfit or some style advice, check out this great collection of looks from Who What Wear or this article from Lifestyle Asia.
Whether you’re a fashion beginner or a long-time pro, your watch is a practical accessory that you can use to elevate your look no matter what the occasion. Additionally, for designs with a rubber band, it can be easy to find replacements and change them out for something that suits you (or the particular outfit) a little bit better. This means you shouldn’t be afraid to browse for other styles, patterns, or colors if you need to.
Smartwatches used to be easily identifiable by the large clunky faces and shiny screens. Now they’re sleek and integrated with the rest of your life. If you’re looking for something that offers a good blend of technology and style, the above models will not let you down.
It can seem hard to navigate today’s crowded market, but this guide helps narrow down your search. No matter how particular you are, there’s a smartwatch that will fit your style.
Do you have a favorite smartwatch? What brands did we miss? Let us know in the comments below!