4 PC Speed up Software That Really Work to Tune up Windows Computer
So your Windows PC is running very slow, and you are told that a system optimization utility can help. It's true that you can rely on a PC speed up software to fix many types of system issues thus tune up its performance more cost-effectively, instead of buying a brand new computer.
We have to warn you, however, that many so-called PC speed utilities do more harm than help. Some are not safe to use at all as they can't pass the eye of an antivirus scan, some are white-labelled registry cleaners that exaggerate the number of PC errors or issues.
What's the best PC tune up software? Here are the top 4 tools we recommend based on our testing or using experiences.
QUICK PICKS: 4 GREAT CHOICES
**Below, you'll find our expert reviews of the PC optimization software, but you can also click the links above to learn more information or contact their customer support team.
How Do We Select These System Utilities? — The Criteria
- Security: any downloadable applications shouldn't contain any virus or malicious processes. To test it, we first download and install a utility. Then use BitDefender and MalwareBytes to run a full scan of the system to see if the installed program contains virus/malware or does other kinds of harm.
- Performance: this is the core part of our testing. An ideal PC system optimizer should do what it says. If it can't improve our PC performance, then it's more like a scam or a low-quality product. Since different utilities have different features and functionalities, we try to run each of them hoping it will increase our system performance a little bit. Finally, we observe the performance of our PCs to see if the software really makes our PCs faster.
- Ease of use: a good PC speed up software must be powerful, but also user-friendly — easy to use for users of all levels. To be honest, there are no universal standards to follow before we make our judgments. Thankfully, human instincts are usually correct especially if you have used dozens of them and the winners stand out of the crowd.
- Support: a great product with bad customer/technical support makes the product less impressive. We value the software more if their developers offer detailed user manual, tutorials, email support, or even live chat or phone support.
- Compatibility: we test if the software is compatible with modern Windows operating systems such as Windows 10, 8, 7, etc. If a PC speed up tool does not support latest Windows 10, that indicates the software lacks an update.
The 4 Great PC Speed up Software
Please note: all software recommended below have passed our security test thus are 100% safe to use.
IObit Advanced SystemCare
IObit Advanced SystemCare 9 is the most comprehensive PC optimization utility that helps clean, secure and speeds up computers within a few clicks — incredibly easy to use with gorgeous user interfaces. Best of all, it does an excellent job of getting our computers running smoothly again, fewer slowdowns and freezing times. The software integrates a set of small tools that work amazingly to fix things that drag down our system performance. In short, if your slow computer is due to a cluttered system, then look no further. IObit SystemCare is the ultimate solution.
Like its name says, CleanMyPC is for keeping your PC cleaner and more organized. It does a solid job in deep cleaning — by removing caches & logs, cleaning up registries, uninstalling apps you no longer need. What we also like about the software is its ability to erase files or folders securely to protect your privacy. Bottom line - if your PC hard drive is almost full and get littered, try CleanMyPC to free up more disk space, and you'll notice a decent performance boost afterward.
Iolo System Mechanic
Tagged with "FIX and SPEED Up your PC Automatically", Iolo System Mechanic does what it says! No matter your PC is slow, or you'd like to fix repair a major system issue, System Mechanic quickly performs maintenance tasks small or large such as tweaking RAM and CPU usage in real-time, fixing troublesome registry errors, defragging hard disk drive, etc. It also comes packed with several other features that make it worth to keep on your PC.
UniBlue PC Mechanic
It's safe to say that whenever your PC has a problem; UniBlue PC Mechanic has a solution to fix it. Begin with a one-click system scan; you'll have a quick overview of how your computer is performing with a list of easy-to-understand issues that need to be fixed. From updating outdated device drivers, optimizing hard drive performance, to boosting software launching, PC Mechanic takes care of all your system needs.
Disclaimer: our PC speed up software reviews are based mostly on (1) our own experience in using and/or testing the modern utilities available on the market and (2) the information provided by respective developers and (3) the advice from PC experts with whom we consult. As such, please remember the recommended tuneup utilities are our opinions. Due to the complexities of computer performance issues, especially the causes for a PC to run slow vary from hardware problems to software issues. The results of PC performance optimization by using the above software may differ depending on current situations of your computer. Therefore, we kindly suggest you turn to the manufacturer or a computer technician for advice.