How to Recover Data from HTC One? 3 Solutions Here
If you use an HTC One mobile phone and find some of your files missing due to accidental deletion, Android update error, sync failure, or whatever reasons; You'll probably want them back.
That's what this article is all about. We are going to show you 3 solutions to help you recover lost files from HTC One. It doesn't matter whether lost your photos, contacts, text messages, videos, etc. It's still possible to get them back.
Common HTC phone data loss scenarios
- Deleted photos, videos or songs by accident.
- Formatted SD card insides the HTC phone.
- HTC phone memory card is corrupted and shows an error such as "the card is not formatted" while plugged into a computer.
- Files lost in the process of data transferring between an HTC phone and a computer.
- A system restore was performed, and all data got wiped out without backup.
- HTC One is broken or water damaged.
Solution 1: Restore data via HTC Sync Manager
HTC Sync Manger is a free app that makes it easy to synchronize all your HTC phone files (contacts, messages, media items, etc.) to and from your computer. Once synced, everything is backed up and can be quickly restored if necessary.
So the first thing you should do is to check your computer to see if you have such backup, and when is the latest one. If you have backups, follow the guide from this official HTC article for how to restore your HTC One data, or via this video:
Solution 2: Use an Android data recovery software
We've reviewed a list of best Android data recovery tools in another post. Feel free to check it out. Such software is usually capable of retrieving files such as contacts, text messages, images, movies, songs, etc. lost from HTC phone internal or mass memory card.
But the first thing you should do is immediately stop taking new pictures or saving new data to your device. The more you write new data, the less likely you'll be able to retrieve the lost files.
Then follow the step by step guide below:
- Connect your HTC One phone to a computer. PC or Mac, it doesn't matter.
- Download SmartPhone Recovery PRO for Android and install the application on your computer.
- Launch the software, you'll see several recovery modes on the left pane. Choose one that best fits your data loss situation.
- Follow the instruction, have a scan of your phone to search for recoverable items.
- Preview and recover your files.
Solution 3: Send your HTC for data recovery services
Note: if your phone is damaged or broken, contact HTC repair service first. Maybe your phone is under warranty, HTC may offer free service for you.
If that doesn't work out, and those data are super important to you. Your last resort is to send your device to a data recovery company. We have to warn you that a lot of such enterprises are scams, be sure you do enough research before delivering your phone. If possible, try to choose a local company.
Hope you find the above solutions helpful and you've successfully retrieved your HTC One data. One more tip: once you've got back all your data, make sure you back them up immediately. Also, in the future, remember to use HTC Sync Manager to make regular backups as well. Backup is cheap, recovery is always expensive.