How to Recover Data from HTC One? 3 Solutions Here
Last updated: May 11, 2017
If you use an HTC One mobile phone and suddenly found some of your files missing due to accidental deletion, Android update error, sync failure, or whatever reasons; You'll probably wonder how to retrieve the data.
That's what this article is all about. We are going to show you 3 solutions to recover the lost files from your HTC One. Whether you lost your photos, contacts, text messages, videos, or other type of files, it's often quite possible to get them back.
Common HTC phone data loss scenarios
- Deleted photos, videos or songs by accident.
- Formatted SD card insides the HTC phone and all data got wiped.
- HTC phone memory card is corrupted and shows a formatting error such as "the card is not formatted" while plugged into a computer.
- Files lost in the process of data transferring between an HTC phone and a computer.
- A system restore was performed, and all data got erased without backup.
- HTC One is broken or water damaged.
Solution 1: Restore data via HTC Sync Manager
HTC Sync Manger is a free app that makes it easy to synchronize all your HTC phone files (contacts, messages, media items, etc.) to and from your computer. Once synced, everything is backed up and can be quickly restored if needed.
So, firstly check your computer and see if you have such backup, and when is the latest one. If you have a timely backup, follow the guide from this official HTC article for how to restore your HTC One data. Or you can watch this video tutorial if you prefer:
Solution 2: Use an Android data recovery software
We've reviewed a list of best Android data recovery tools in 2017 (check out this post). Those software are capable of retrieving files such as contacts, text messages, images, movies, songs, etc. lost from both HTC phone internal memory and mass memory cards.
But the first thing you should keep in mind: stop taking new pictures or saving new data to your device. The more you do so, the less likely you'll be able to retrieve your lost files.
Then follow the step-by-step guide below:
- Connect your HTC One phone to a computer. PC or Mac, it doesn't matter.
- Get Dr.Fone for Android and install the application on your computer.
- Launch the software, you'll see several recovery modes on the interface. Choose the one that best fits your data loss situation.
- Follow the instructions, let it scan phone to search for recoverable items.
- Preview and recover your files.
Solution 3: Send your HTC for data recovery services
Note: if your phone is damaged or broken, contact HTC repair service first. Maybe your phone is under warranty, HTC may offer free service for you. You can find the official support page here.
If that doesn't work out, and the lost/inaccessible files are super important to you. Your last resort could be sending your device to a data recovery company. We have to warn you though, that a lot of such recovery enterprises/providers are scams, be sure to do your own research before shipping your phone. If possible, try to choose a local company that you can visit in person.
Hope you find the above solutions helpful and most importantly you've successfully retrieved your HTC One data. One more tip: once you've got back all your data, make sure to back them up. In the future, remember to use HTC Sync Manager to sync your data as well. In the digital world, backup is cheap, recovery is always expensive.